Security Smart Ltd is a dynamic organisation who provides Security and Stewarding services in Greater London as well as all oevr the England. We are currently recruiting SIA Licensed (Security Officers) and Unlicensed (Stewards) Staffs for the upcoming events at various locatioms in this summer.
Job Title : Safety Steward/Supervisor
Rate : £7.50 to £9.00 (Per Hour)
Payment : After Two Weeks
CRB Check Required : No, unless working in family area
Qualifications : NVQ 2 on Spectator Safety (or working towards)
Location/Areas of Work : Various; (Stadium or any of the designated places in Festival or other Events)
Main Purpose of the Role:
The primary role of a steward is to assist with the delivery of an enjoyable and safe experience for audiences. Stewards help the Events to maintain a high level of customer care and provide practical assistance both inside and outside of the venue. Stewards represent a large proportion of those carrying out public roles during the Events and therefore, as far as the audience is concerned, these individuals are as much the “face” of the Event as the full-time staff. It is therefore important that Stewards present themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Previous experience of managing spectators at sporting events/festivals either as a Steward or in another acceptable capacity is preferable but not essential as training is a requirement and will be provided.
General requirements of a Steward
- You should be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of a Steward.
- You should possess good communication skills and be of sound character.
- You should be polite, courteous and helpful to all supporters.
- Whilst on duty you will adhere to the right dress code and be of smart appearance (clean and tidy)
- You are not engaged to watch the game, but are expected to concentrate on your area of responsibility.
- You should not, whilst on duty, eat, drink or smoke in view of the public.
- You should not consume alcohol before or during a tour of duty.
- You should never celebrate the team scoring a goal.
- You should never show hostility or offensive language to any supporters/colleagues
- You should never act in any way likely to bring discredit for the company.
- Legally be able to work in the UK
- Have a 5 years checkbale history
- Attend the venue at given dates and times as advised by the Suvisor/Safety Officer/Chief Steward.
- Attend the pre-event briefing and ensure all information is understood.
- Do not leave the site/venue after ‘signing in’ until the end of your duties.
- Undertake pre-match/event and post match/event stand checks.
- To be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all times.
- Carry out pre event and post event safety checks as instructed by Supervisor.
- To staff entrances, exits and other key safety points within the Stadium.
- Constantly monitor the spectators in your area checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with
- To control and direct spectators entering and leaving the venue and to assist in this movement.
- Ensure that gangways and exit/evacuation routes in your area are kept clear.
- Indentify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators reporting findings to a supervisor. Where appropriate complete the relevant Incident/Offence Report.
- Enforce and immediately report any breach of the Ground Regulations to Supervisor.
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively the fire fighting equipment at the Stadium/venue.
- Be able to provide basic First Aid if required.
- Know the location of the First Aid Rooms located within the Stadium/venue.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such matters immediately to a Supervisor/Chief Steward/Safety Officer.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by a Supervisor/Chief Steward/Safety or Police Officer
- Remain at allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by a Supervisor.
- Report immediately to a Supervisor/Chief Steward/Safety Officer if any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat or danger to spectator safety e.g. damaged seat or barrier etc.
- Assist as required in the evacuation of spectators etc from the Venue/Stadium.
- Comply with the relevant instructions and guidance contained in the Stewards Operational Handbook.
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency or as directed by the Safety Officer or the appropriate emergency services officer
- Attend all required training
- To understand their general responsibilities towards the health and safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards ground staff and themselves
Safety Stewards/Non Licensed Staffs :
Need to be in possession of a Disclosure or willing to apply for one. If you do not already have one of these, we can talk you through the process. Besides the above, we have many other events locally and nationally which may interest you.
For the right candidate this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation, support our continuous expansion, meet new people and be given the opportunity to work throughout England.
If you are interested in this position, please:
Apply with your relevant docunments via the Company website
Please send your Complete CV with ID, Proof of Address, NI number to :
Any queires, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.securitysmartltd.co.uk