Equal Opportunities Policy
Security Smart Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. We are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or financial reward through direct or indirect discrimination, harassment, victimisation to employees or job applicants on the grounds of race, religious beliefs, political opinions, creed, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/parental status, sex, sexual orientation or disability and to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of handicap or age.
We recognise our legal obligations:
• For the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation or marital status and for the promotion of equal opportunity in employment.
• For the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of religion or beliefs.
• For the elimination of racial discrimination.
• For the elimination of discrimination in pay between men and women who do the same work, or work of a similar nature or work of equal value.
• We do actively promote equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Any employee who feels that he or she has been treated unfairly or subjected to direct or indirect unfair discrimination can raise the matter through the appropriate grievance procedure when every effort will be made to secure a satisfactory resolution. Any employee making a complaint of unfair discrimination will be protected from any victimisation in any form.
We do not/will not discriminate against anyone who has a spent conviction under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. We would however point out to you that there are requirements in respect of the issue of licenses under the Private Security Industry Act 2001.